Thursday, March 20, 2014

Darby Smart Box March 2014

     So sorry folks! I received the Darby Smart box on Saturday, but haven't even thought about uploading this post until now! Things have gotten quite hectic with my husband's schedule all of a sudden. He teaches at the local college, substitutes at the Middle and High Schools, goes to school online, and runs a graphic design company. It's hectic, but I know he does all of these things just so I can stay home with the girls. I feel so privileged to have a man who does what he can so I can have my dream. It's amazing!
     Anywho, back to the box! If you haven't heard of Darby Smart, it is a monthly craft subscription for adults! You get all the supplies for one craft every month. This monthly "To DIY For" box is $19/mo. and is totally worth it if you love trying new crafts!

The box is great! Not only a great color, but cute writing as well.

Maybe it's because I'm married to a graphic designer, or maybe it's because I'm a crafter, but I love great packaging design!

This month's project is wood burning! Never have I tried this before, and I was terrified! Still am a bit.

Inside was a wood burner, stencil of the United States, two bamboo cutting boards, a practice wood plank, Tulip's Beads in a Bottle, and instructions. Not sure what the dimensional paint is for. Adding more decoration, I guess.

For my first time ever wood burning, I decide to go with a simple line drawing. I wanted to make something cute to keep with every piece, and I thought this was adorable! I always watch I Love Lucy, and love those little cartoons from the commercials.

I did my best to recreate it, and this is what I ended up with. Not too bad for a first time, I think! Now where to put it? On the mantle, it is!
     I haven't begun the cutting boards yet, but hope to soon! I think I'll start doing my finished project reveals on a Sunday. I'm always working on some sort of a project, so I should always have something to show on Sundays! Anywho, I hope you all enjoyed this post, and I can't wait to show you more!
     See you next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment