Saturday, March 29, 2014

Loot Crate March 2014

     Hello friends! Sorry it's been awhile. My computer is stuffed full of pictures and doesn't want me to give it any more. Since it's very hard for me to do any blog posts without having the pictures to go along with it, they may be few and far between for a bit. Anywho, let's get on with the box, shall we?
     If you aren't familiar with Loot Crate, it is a monthly subscription service geared toward "nerds and geeks". It is $13.37/ mo. + $6 s+h for a total of $19.37/mo. Some months are great, with a variety of things so there is at least one thing in each box for everyone. Some are very themed towards one specific thing. Last month was all themed in Bravest Warriors. I am not familiar with that show, or any other shows like it, so I ended up getting rid of everything but the monthly theme button.
     This month's theme was Titan. So all items inside were themed Titanfall and Attack on Titan. I'm finding out that I'm not as great of a nerd as I thought I was. I've never heard of either of those things.

This is how all Loot Crates ship now. Lovely plain box with the logo and shipping label on it.

When you open the box, it has some instructions on how you can share your unboxing with others online.

On top is the monthly booklet. Inside there are stories pertaining to the theme and contributors, puzzles, and information on all the loot inside.

Next was a Titanfall shirt. I love the feel of all the shirts given, but I don't see myself actually wearing this since I don't really play video games. Okay, I love the classics like Mario, Pong, Tetris, and Pac-man, but not so into the modern games.

Underneath the shirt was this wristband. The girls ran away with the booklet already, so I can't tell you what this symbol is, but I think it's part of Titanfall? If I am wrong, feel free to correct me. I did warn you that I am apparently not as geeky as presumed.

This is a nice magnet. If I were desperate for magnets, I would use it, but the picture on front doesn't really scream for me to use it...so I gave it away.

This is a code for a Titanfall eGuide. Again, I don't play the game, so it was useless for me.

Next is an Attack on Titan Book. I believe it is Manga? I know I keep apologizing, but I truly have no idea what kind of book/comic this is. I just know that there are people screaming at their screens right now.

Lastly, there is a Titanfall/Loot Crate Lanyard. As I am a grown woman who carries her keys in her purse, I have no use for this either. I have never used one of these, actually. Never saw the point. But, my 4 year old has enjoyed wearing it as a necklace.

And at the bottom, was a paper promoting the 30% off GAEMS case. I just heard about these things, and they look awesome for a hardcore gamer.
As always, they included a button with the theme on it. They just started these this year, and if it weren't for these, I would be very likely to unsubscribe.
      The last two boxes, for me, have been a complete miss. Not to mention, I didn't even get the two pieces of Taffy that everyone else got, it seems. Last month I had no booklet, and this month, no candy. I am anxiously waiting for there to be more mixed boxes so there might be something I like. Oh and a complete box would be nice too!
     Don't get me wrong, when it's good, the box is really good, but when it's bad, it seems to be depressing. I would still urge all geeks/nerds to try it out. It is always fun just waiting to see what you get. Who doesn't love a surprise? If you sign up soon, there is a $3 off coupon using the code APRILLOOT. If you click the link at the top of the post, it will direct you to my referral page, so I can get credit too! So, thank you, if you do!
     If there are any other boxes/subscriptions that you think I should check out, let me know! Until then, see you next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment